Friday, July 13, 2012

Day 6... and then came Costco and samples....

Oh My Lord... I really do feel like I am on a diet today!! I had to try a couple SMALL samples at Costco.. I'm sure even Cavemen dabbled trying new things.. lol..

I am trying to remember what is on my diet plan, and what is Paleo friendly, although I'm not sure I will ever be able to be 100% Paleo.. maybe like 85% with small breads and pastas here and there... I don't know, because this is hard!

But on tonights menu is a Baked Mustard Lime Chicken:

Baked Mustard Lime Chicken

printer friendly
  • 1 pound skinless boneless chicken breast
  • ½ cup fresh lime juice
  • ½ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
  • ¼ cup dijon mustard
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • 1 tablespoon chili powder
  • ½ teaspoon celtic sea salt
  • ½ teaspoon pepper
  1. Combine lime juice, cilantro, mustard, olive oil, chili, salt and pepper in a food processor
  2. Pulse until ingredients are well combined
  3. Rinse chicken breasts, pat dry and place in a 7x11 inch Pyrex baking dish
  4. Pour marinade over chicken, cover and refrigerate for at least 15 minutes or up to 6 hours
  5. Bake at 350° for 18-20 minutes uncovered, or until an instant read thermometer reads 165°
  6. Serve with extra sauce spooned over top
Serves 4

Looks delicious, right?! Hopefully tonight it will prove to be as yummy as it appears :)

Weighed in today at 136.4 lbs... but I feel good, and I can tell my body is still adjusting. I do not feel bloated or heavy, and I do need to add in a good work out routine.

No comments:

Post a Comment